One of the best things about being a parent is getting to rediscover everything in life for the first time all over again. I'll never forget Riley's expression when she saw a puppy for the first time, or Santa, or Mickey Mouse, or her first time at the beach. Her excitement brings tears to my eyes. Well, today marked another landmark occasion for us - Riley and Jack's first trip to Yum Yum's (and mom's since college!). Now anyone who has grown up in Greensboro (or spent any amount of time here) knows about Yum Yum's hotdogs. The buns are wrinkled and steamed, the hot dogs are dyed pink, the cheese is squirted on, the chili is a slathered mess...you get the picture. Nothing very appetizing to look at, but the best tasting dog you'll ever have. A bonus is that you'll smell like the place for at least 8 hours after walking through the doors! As you can see from the pictures, Riley was very excited about her trip to this local landmark. She wanted one dog with ketchup and cheese, followed by a scoop of their homemade chip mint ice cream. She is a true southern bell who makes her mommy very proud.




1 comment:
I am beyond jealous! I think next time we come to Greensboro, I might have to remember to make a trip there! YUM!
Post a Comment