Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to the grind....

It was a sad day for Jack today...his mommy had to go back to work. After 5 months of being at home, the day finally came when I had to go back to reality. The truth is, I don't mind that much. I have the best job in the world (Linc often asks if I really do "work")- I do what I love, I adore the people I work with (some of my closest friends), and its flexible enough to allow me to still be a good wife and mother. What other job lets you have every holiday and summer off, plus I'm home most days by 3:30. Not too much to complain about. Jack goes to the same school as Riley, and his cousins. Its such a good feeling to have them all together.
And lets not forget Grandma takes care of them Mondays and Tuesdays.
Truly the best of of both worlds.
Its sad to think that the summer is over, especially because we had so much fun. Both of my babies grew so much this summer. Riley has become my very best friend and really enjoys all of her "mommy and Riley" outings we take together. She gets a kick out of leaving the boys at home. I never would have thought I would have days with my 2 1/2 years old where we go shopping together (Riley LOVES to try on shoes - my kind of girl!), sit outside to have lunch, and swim together. Spending the day with her is like spending the day with any of my best girlfriends. Sometimes the conversation is even similar :) At 5 months, Jack is everywhere, literally. When I called my mom to tell her he was up on all fours rocking back and forth, she reminded me that I was crawling at 5 months. Oh boy! He laughs out loud at everything, and is a HUGE flirt with the ladies. I am so thankful to have had so much time with him at home, just me and him. But now we have a whole new season to look forward to! We still have some trips to the beach planned, an anniversary, the wedding of a wonderful friend in September, holiday traditions to create, and lots of birthdays to celebrate! We've already started thinking about Halloween costumes (thats Linc's department), and birthday plans for the Princess.
It will all be here before we know it!


Check out his baby blues - just like his sister. He still has Grandpa's chin!


At a birthday party in the park for her friend Hayden
Posted by Picasa

No comments: