Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A year ago today...

It was a BEAUTIFUL night at the beach, so Riley and I decided to walk down to the pier to pay respect to her Uncle Dan. It's amazing what can happen in a year, and how one day can feel so different than the other 364 days that have passed since we said goodbye to him. Riley loved spending time on the pier, pointing out all the things Uncle Dan would have loved to see with her. She got to touch baby sharks, a flounder, and several HUGE hermit crabs. Fishing runs through her blood (thanks to Uncle Dan and Uncle Al), so hopefully we will have some time to fish off of the pier next week. In the meantime, we reminisce every day about how much we love and miss Dan. But we know in our hearts that he is constantly with us, and Riley and I could definitely feel that tonight on the pier.


I think she ran the whole way!

The water felt good!
Yelling "Uncle Dan!"

It was a long walk!

Looking out at the end
The weather was perfect - Dan was definitely shining down on us

Yep - this was the icing on the cake. Once I saw this, I KNEW my brother was looking down. Anyone who really knew him would agree this is pretty close to mantra he lived by :)




























No comments: