Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Countdown...

While Riley got to celebrate her big 0-3 this month, mommy got to ring in the big 3-0! Since Linc has no party planning skills whatsoever, he opted to plan a three day trip to New York for my birthday celebration! I could not have asked for a better present :) We had wonderful meals (including a dinner at my favorite restraunt with Meriwether!), walked, and shopped. Poor Linc was introduced to the American Girl store, where we dropped a small fortune. As I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time we were in the store (which was a LONG time), I kept reminding Linc that he will get that same fuzzy feeling the first time he shops for Jack at a Lego Land, or other boy store. While we were gone, Riley and Jack stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. I think their three days was busier than ours! They had breakfast with Santa, Riley went to a birthday party for her friend Henry, and this was the first year Riley got to go the Nutcracker Tea at the O'Henry hotel with Grandma, Grandpa, Cayla, and Kendal. She was so excited to be part of this yearly tradition! Needless to say, we all had lots of sleep to catch up on this past week! Now we are on full Christmas countdown...I don't go back to work until January 5th, so Riley and I stocked up on art projects and have already made lots of playdates and plans with friends. EVERY day Riley tries to convince me it is Christmas day, so I can only imagine how she is going to react when it actually gets here! And as for Jack, my sweet wild man is going to go crazy when we let him tear into all that paper. Let the games begin!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: