No....neither of us is leaving our day job (unfortunately). But Linc has retired from a very important position. For 4 1/2 years, he has played Mr. Mom in the morning, getting Riley dressed and ready for school each day. There have been lots of questionable wardrobe decisions, mishaps with the hair, and tons of arguments over which shoes to wear, but he has stuck it out. I can't begin to count the number of days I picked her up from school and wondered to myself what the @*%! she was wearing. Linc learned to pick and choose his battles early on! Now that Riley will be entering TK in the fall, she will be my responsibility to get ready (Linc will still be in charge of Jack, but boys are much easier in the mornings!). This is bitter-sweet for me considering I have had 4 1/2 years of peaceful, quiet mornings to get myself to work, but having her 30 yards away from me at school will be well worth it! Another plus is that she will go back to wearing bows in her hair - Linc resorted to headbands awhile ago :-) Thank you daddy, for all you have done. I know the mornings have not always been easy, but you have been a trooper. Happy Retirement!

No comments:
Post a Comment