Saturday, December 5, 2009

DISNEY 2009

Very few of our vacations are restful these days, and 7 days in Disney with 8 kids under the age of 10 was no exception! Every other year, we spend Thanksgiving there with Grandma and Grandpa, the Ritchy's, and the Olson-Haven clan. It takes 2 longs years of planning and approx. 730 days of pure excitement. On our first trip with Riley, I boo-hooed like a baby when she saw Cinderella's Castle for the first time. I cannot put into words what it is like to witness your child experience that kind of magic. I did much better this time, getting choked up only a few times. Riley was a dare devil on the rides and Jack was in heaven with all the different forms of transportation he rode on. The stories are numerous, and we are already in planning mode for Disney 2011. Here are just a few highlights...

Cayla, Austin, & Riley

Such a mischievous grin...

Riley, Gpa, and Jack @ O'Hana

Mommy and Jack on the Buzz Lightyear ride

Jack LOVES Mickey and Minnie Mouse. He even gave out kisses...

Playing the washboard at the Hoop-Dee-Doo (a family favorite!)

Showing off her pin necklace that Gma and Gpa started for her. The best souvenir. Hands down.

The only time Jack would actually wear his Mickey ears. Personalized, of course.

Ariel, the first Princess we met. Riley got pictures with every single Princess except for Snow White. That's pretty good.

Kendal, Cayla, & Riley @ The Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights after Thanksgiving dinner















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I remember those trips from way back! I knew I always wanted to be adopted into your family!:) I am so glad you guys had fun. I can't wait to take Chloe there and see that moment of utter magic. Love ya girl.